6 years ago
Saturday, November 2, 2013
Mission accomplished!
I did it! Tears of joy and accomplishment were shed by me as I crossed the finish line fulfilled. Fulfilled like I did my best, I ran hard, and I walked away from this half feeling great well on the inside, my body is definitely hurting. I had a goal to do it in under 2:15, and I did it in 2:11:58. As I was running I found myself keeping an eye on someone to make sure they didn't leave my eye sight, that lasted until mile 6, then she was gone. At mile 8 I almost made a new friend, the kind of friend you don't want to have its name is concrete, I almost met it head on, thank goodness for the guy in front of me who stuck his arm out so I don't fall. As I was heading out of downtown, I passed fall creek rd which reminded me of the good times in the fall creek branch I had as a teenager. In past half's I always have huge mental blocks this one I experienced a few, and when I did I always saw someone holding a sign saying humpy dumpy has issues with walls too. Favorite sign, I also ran next to someone who juggled the whole 13.1 miles. Amazing! In the past I have always finished beat up, saying I will never do another one again. This time I went away thinking I am content with my run, maybe someday I will break that 2 hour mark. I might be getting a little competitive. I am actually looking forward to lacing up my shoes Monday morning and going for a jog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Way to go! That is crazy about the juggler and I'm glad that guy saved you from making a new friend :-) so we are having another girl. That's funny, huh!
Post a Comment